Earlier this month the Toowoomba Medical Centre received an SMS alert at 7:30pm that power was off on their FridgeBrain Vaccine fridge. There were no reported power outages in the area so they called into the surgery to see what the problem was. Sure enough, a circuit in the power board had tripped and the vaccine fridge was off. It turned out that the floor polishing machine the cleaner was using was faulty and had tripped the circuit the fridge was on. A quick flip of the switch the fridge was back on before the temperature reached the critical 8 degrees.
Maree Gurney the nurse manager said "We are lucky we received an alert, otherwise we would not have know about the problem till the morning. In that case we would have had to report the breach to public health and go through all the breach procedures that would have taken up the whole morning the next day. We would also have needed to call all the immunisation appointments for the week and reschedule them."